Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Hello All!

So, I've decided to start blogging to keep everyone informed to what is going on in the Hartz family, and as sort of an outlet for me. You'll have to bare with me, I'm new at this.

I feel like our lives have been spinning in a whirl wind lately. We are starting to get settled into our new home in Chapel Hill. So far we are pretty happy here. This house feels more like a home than our last place. We have more privacy and it suits us better. Our neighborhood is quiet and quaint. Hayden and I have been walking daily, something I've wanted to do but didn't feel safe in our last neighborhood. At the end of our street is a small playground, Hayden gets so excited at the end of our walks because he knows he gets to slide and swing.

The only downfall to living here is that I'm farther away from my family. I was able to visit with my mom a few times a week and Hayden was able to play with my sisters kids whenever he wanted. I have some things scheduled for the two of us in the next couple months so we don't go insane. The Chapel Hill public library does toddler time twice a month. I think that is something Hayden will enjoy. He sure does love to read. Then I have joined a Mothers Group of Chapel Hill/Carrborro and will be setting up some play dates for Hayden. This will be good for both of us. Again this is something I should have done a long time ago.

The only room in the house I have finished is Hayden's. I put vinyl lettering (thanks Debbie) on the wall and Hayden just loves it. I have been working with him on learning the alphabet. He can say and recognize some letters (A, B, D, E, O, P) and he gets so excited when he gets them right. He is beginning to talk a lot. Most things you can't understand, but his mouth is moving from the time he wakes up until the time he goes to bed.

Greg's last day in the Cary store was yesterday, and he couldn't wait to get out of there. They have just begun the hiring stage of the opening process. They have had a lot of applicants, however Greg has only hired 3 kitchen guys. He seems so excited about getting into a brand new restaurant. I couldn't be happier for him this is what he's always talked about. The pictures of the restaurant are from May. The store is nearly finished now. I'll have to get Greg to take some new ones.
That is all, thanks for reading. Sorry if its boring. I won't post everyday but will when I can.

Bye For Now!

0 Tell me about it: