...we want to go outside!
But, since it didn't stop raining, we made lemon bars!
Monday, March 31, 2008
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
I've posted a lot today so keep scrolling down!
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Written with Love By Amanda at 5:49 PM
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
7 Things you may not know about me...
(all of us bloggers have been challenged)
1.) I never wanted children. I know that sounds horrible but it wasn't on my list of things I was dying to do. When I graduated high school I wanted to graduate college, back pack across Europe, and live in NYC for at least a year. I have done none of those things. But, I have been blessed with the amazing gift of being a mother. If I could go back and re-write my list, having children would definitely be on it.
2.) I have an obsession with my vacuum cleaner. It drives Greg crazy he laughs every time I get it out. I don't like to feel things under my feet. So I run my little Bissell about 20 or so times a day.
3.) When I was 15 I was convinced my parents were going to buy me a brand new Silver Spider Eclipse. My step dad would tease me every time we went some where. I was really convinced, instead they bought me a 1991 red hatch back Hyundai excel that I wrecked 2 months after I had my license. I bet they were glad they didn't buy me that eclipse. My parents paid for my little car to get fixed but not to get painted. So for a year and half in high school I drove a two toned car.
4.) I used to love cats growing up. We always had them at our house. Now I can't stand them. I think they are a little weird and kind of gross. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with Greg being deathly allergic but I can't stand them.
5.) I Love BBQ sauce. I can eat it on anything. I put it on macaroni and cheese, popcorn, and cheerios. I know that sounds a little strange but it's really good on dry cheerios.
6.) I like the smell of Clorox and Pine-sol. In college my roommate would have to leave our room when I cleaned because she couldn't stand the smell of it. I don't use either of those now as much as I used to because of Hayden. Come to think of it she kind of had it rough I used to make her eat her tuna in the hallway because it would make me gag. Poor Tanya!
7.) I bite my nails. I've tried everything to stop. I've even put hot sauce on them, it didn't work. I've seriously considered voodoo therapy or acupuncture treatments to quit. I don't know what else to do.
Written with Love By Amanda at 3:40 PM
Monday, March 17, 2008
Written with Love By Amanda at 10:48 AM
Monday, March 10, 2008
I get so busy in my day to day schedule that I take for granted all the little things that make being a mom so special. The good and the bad. (who am I kidding there is no bad) I've mentioned in a couple recent posts about the Lawrenson Family and there struggle over the past few months and months to come. I've been challenged to make a list of all the things that I take for granted that I wish so deeply for Tricia to experience. So Tricia this is for you:
I can't wait for you to experience this...
- Late night feedings and singing Gwyneth back to sleep.
- Staying awake the entire night the first time she sleeps in her crib
- Laying in bed listening to the sweet noises she makes over the monitor
- Christmas mornings
- Rushing to take your first shower in 3 days during naptime
- Having her fall asleep on your chest and wishing that moment would last forever.
- projectile vomit from the back seat of the car (we know it all happens)
- Hearing her say mommy for the first time
- Seeing those little arms stretched up in the air begging for you to pick her up.
- Hearing her say "It's alright mommy" when you burn your hand or are crying
- Telling your Nathan "it's your turn I changed her last time".
- bath time
- reading bedtime stories (the same one over and over)
- The obsession kids get with things and having to carry her favorite toy everywhere you go (and its a new one every week)
- only being able to wash her favorite blanket when she's asleep
- smeared dirty diapers in the crib
- Seeing Gwyneth run around the house playing with Meka
- First teeth
- First steps
- Having Gwyneth crawl in bed with you just to snuggle one last time before going to sleep
- Bear hugs right when you wake up in the morning
- watching the same show over and over on tv
- demanding that she wear a certain shirt even though its 2 sizes to small
- those sweet slobbery kisses
I could go on forever...Tricia I just can't wait until you can touch her skin to skin. And all the other little moments that we take for granted everyday but are so very special.
Written with Love By Amanda at 5:55 PM
Friday, March 7, 2008
Written with Love By Amanda at 5:53 PM
Written with Love By Amanda at 10:08 AM
Monday, March 3, 2008
Written with Love By Amanda at 4:12 PM
Written with Love By Amanda at 4:06 PM