Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It's been a while..



Its been a while since I last updated. This week has been especially hard on our family. I never knew how tired and exhausting it would be to not have any help with Hayden. This is just the beginning and I don't know how I'm going to do it. Greg has been at work it seems like for 4 days straight. He leaves around 8 in the morning and gets home around 1:30 am. I don't know how he's doing it. He looks completely worn out. We only see him for a couple minutes before he leaves for work in the morning. Please keep us in your thoughts and pray that we can make it through these next couple months without going CRAZY! I've been trying to keep myself busy by organizing the house. I think I've rearranged my kitchen cabinets a million times this week. I even organized my can veggies. I've never been this organized in my life! My mom can vouch for that! ha ha!

Hayden and I went by the restaurant on Sunday and it looks amazing. It doesn't look like your traditional Fridays. It's completely modernized. And Greg is so proud of it. I wish I had remembered my camera so I could take pictures. Oh well! My brain has been a little scrambled lately. Greg has his final walk through today and the restaurant should be guest ready by this afternoon. Yesterday he called me after the health inspector left completely distraught. The inspector told him he had to raise every shelf in the entire kitchen 12 inches. Keep in mind that all of the shelves are completely stocked with food and supplies. This includes all the refrigerators and freezers. This is what Greg has been working on all week. So last night he spent raising and restocking shelves. How much FUN! I know he'll be glad when they finally open the doors for service, which will be on November 27 if everything goes according to plan.




As for Hayden, he's still growing like a weed. I swear he gets a little taller everyday. He's so much fun to be around. We've been working on potty training lately and its not going so good. I figured he was ready since he comes and gets me every time he needs a new diaper. He's become quite independent these days. He has to do everything himself. If you open his yogurt or help him up into his booster he will throw a complete fit. Just the other day I learned that he doesn't need help getting in and out of the bath. In fact I put him in and he screamed until I took him out so he could climb in by himself. My little monkey is growing up I guess.

I love my family, they are the most important thing in my life. I guess that is why the holidays are so special to me. Thanksgiving is my favorite time of year. I love all the food and the smells and the joy of being near the ones I love the most. I love that there is no pressure of buying gifts, it is just a day to be thankful for the things and the people you have in your life. Until next time...Happy Holidays Everyone, I love you all!

0 Tell me about it: