Monday, December 10, 2007

He's growing up!


So my little boy is growing up. In the last month he is sleeping in a big boy bed and learning to go potty. Of course the bed has been a breeze compared to teaching him to go potty. I'm lucky that I am a stay at home mom and can spend that extra time teaching him. However, I never knew it was this time consuming. I feel like I have to keep a constant watch on him all day. Watching his posture and facial expressions just waiting for the right time to send him to the potty. It's a little exhausting. He's gone a couple times but it seems like every time I say ok we'll try again later the minute I put his diaper on he goes in it. I pray for patience because I know I've got a long road ahead of me.




Although Christmas is only a short time away, it sure doesn't feel like it. The weather here has been ridiculous. Last week we had a few flurries and ice on the road and then BAM the next day its 77 degrees outside. What the heck! Its so strange. Don't get me wrong its nice to be able to go outside and play with Hayden but it's the holidays, its supposed to be cold. All week it will be in the 70's. Even though we do have beautiful weather in NC, even this is a little strange for us.


Nothing new really to report here Greg and the new store are doing well. His schedule is starting to calm down finally. He actually has 2 days off this week. We are all very excited about that. Especially me cause that means I get a little break too. Hayden is starting to talk a little bit more. He still has a very limited vocabulary. I'm sure it would be a little different if he was around other kids during the day. But, I can't continuously talk to him all day. His favorite word is still "no", imagine that! He tries to copy every thing I say and if I tell him what something is and he doesn't believe it he says "no mommy" and then tells me what he thinks it is. For instance we were looking in a word book and I pointed to a lemon and said "that's a lemon" and he said "no mommy boon". He thought the lemon was a balloon. I guess it could be. Anyway, just a little update for those who are interested. Thanks for reading!


I've been having problems uploading videos so all I've got is pictures. Sorry!

0 Tell me about it: