Wednesday, May 20, 2009

He is Here!

Cole Bryson Hartz

was born at 5:35 am on Sunday, May 17


6lbs 6oz

20 inches










Last Wednesday at routine doctors appointment my blood pressure was elevated. The doctors decided that it was time for me to quit working. I agreed and called and told them that I needed to start my maternity leave. I had a doctors appt. scheduled for Friday to check my blood pressure and do some blood work. I decided that Hayden didn't need to go with me and had Greg take him to my sisters. At my appt. the doctors decided that I needed to go to the hospital for an evaluation. I proceeded to tell them that I could not physically or emotionally go through what I went through with Hayden and that if Cole was okay I'd like to deliver. They said they would see how the evaluation went. Greg and I arrived at the hospital at noon on Friday the 15th. They ran tests and we had an ultrasound to do a biophysical profile on Cole. At that ultrasound Cole received a 10 out of 10. In other words he would do perfectly fine if born then. After consulting with my doctors we all decided that it would be best if we just went ahead with the induction. So they started the process at 9pm on Friday night. They gave me a medicine to soften my cervix and in the morning they started pitocin. I was dilating very slowly and my cervix was not softening. At 3pm they broke my water and we thought things would speed up, but they didn't. I held out as long as I possibly could and finally had an epidural at 11pm Saturday night. After a long long labor, Cole Bryson was born Sunday morning at 5:35. He is perfect! We are now home and adjusting as a new family of 4.

1 Tell me about it:

Taylor Family said...

He is adorable. I'm so sorry you had such a long delivery, I know all about those! We want to come see you on Monda (June 1). We are visiting Mark's sister in Georgia and wanted to come meet Cole and see you guys while we are already in your neck of the woods. I tried calling tonight and left a message. Give me a call 434-202-8359. Congrats again!