Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bye Bye Peace and Quiet

I've expressed my concern with many of you about Hayden's vocabulary. I just didn't think he was were he should be. He was still pointing and making sounds but not very many words. So, at Hayden's last doctors visit I brought this up. At Hayden's age he should have a vocabulary of about 50-60 words. I thought she was crazy when she told me that. She didn't seem to think there was a problem but just to be sure she gave me some homework. Gosh, I don't remember the last time I had homework!! I was instructed to come home and write down everything that comes out of that little mouth. As I began writing I was amazed at how much I came up with. I forgot that hey, bye, mine, were all words. I guess I was expecting my little boy to have this unbelievable vocabulary. What was I thinking? He's only 2! I got to 61 words and stopped. My little boy is OK! I finally felt better about the situation.

Now, only 2 weeks later Hayden is talking in sentences. He says at least 5 new words everyday and he never shuts up! NEVER! I'm not kidding from the time he wakes up in the morning until he goes to bed he never stops. His newest thing is talking to the TV. When Mickey, Dora, or Diego asks a question he answers them. He'll say "back pack" or "a map a map". My brain needs a break!! My mom says this is pay back for all the times she wanted me to be quiet. And she says it never stops, she still can't get me to shut up. I guess I deserve it. I'm kidding I do love to hear him talk! He's just so freakin' cute!
Bye Bye Peace and Quiet!

0 Tell me about it: