Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hayden is 2!



I can't believe it. I guess I never thought that he would grow up so fast. I am the mother to a two year old. I think it's a pretty big accomplishment that Greg and I have kept him alive and healthy for 2 whole years. I'm just kidding. It hasn't been that hard. But boy has he changed our lives, in more ways than he will ever know. I can't believe it has been two years. That's all I've been able to think about lately. It seems like not long ago I was pregnant in the hospital and in danger of losing him or my own life. Now he's 2! Before I get all weepy I should move on.

Hayden's Sesame Street party was yesterday and after me stressing out for a whole week it went pretty well. Besides the fact that we had to make multiple trips to the store during the party. First Meko ate a whole loaf of Hawaiian bread and then the grill ran out of gas. Other than that I think it was a success. All the kids had a great time! Hayden was so exhausted last night we were worried something was wrong. He wasn't his normal talkative self. After a good nights sleep he was back to normal at 6:30 this morning.




I originally wanted just a cake of one character but I couldn't decide which one since he likes them all. I finally narrowed it down to a few and this is the final product. Hayden loved them so much he wouldn't eat one, he just wanted to look at them. All the other kids enjoyed them, they were covered with icing. This is just one tray I have a ton left over.

Hayden always has a ton of fun with his uncle Justin and cousin Landon. Thy ran around the yard I know for a good hour while Justin chased them.


Hayden got some new things for his GeoTrax train set. As you can see all the kids were just as excited about finding out what he got as he was.




A bucket of blocks from Grandma, who would have ever known that this would be his favorite toy in the entire house. We play blocks and trains all day long. All I hear is "mommy pay boks meezz" or "mommy pay choo choos meezz"


Nana bought Hayden a Mp3 player that you shake to change the song. It's the neatest little thing I've ever seen. Before his Birthday I downloaded a bunch of kid songs on it and the soundtrack to Toy Story (Hayden's favorite movie). While he plays his blocks or his choo choo's he listens to "you've got a friend in me" from Toy Story over and over again.




Hayden got a F150 power wheel for his birthday. He was so excited when he saw it and wanted to ride it right away. However, he doesn't quite know how to drive it yet. He has the pedal down pat but the steering may take a while. He likes for me to steer for him while he pushes the pedals. He'll figure it out eventually.




I'm sorry it has taken me so long to post these pictures. I have some new pictures from Hayden's "nap" time today that I will post later.

0 Tell me about it: