Friday, March 7, 2008

Boys will be boys

This week hasn't been jammed pack full of things but, I've been having a hard time catching up with myself. Greg was out of town at the beginning of the week so that threw me off schedule a bit. I did have the chance to spend the day with my brother on Tuesday which was really nice. I don't get to see him as often as I would like. He always brings a little excitement every where he goes (If you've ever met him you know what I mean). The week started out beautiful and Hayden was able to play outside all weekend and on Monday and some of Tuesday. He has become quite the little boy. Covering his blanket with dirt, jumping in puddles, "mowing the lawn", bringing nature inside (I don't really like this, but what can you do). Boys will be boys! We have hard wood floors throughout most of our house and two sliding glass doors that lead the screen porch and then outside. Hayden can never decide if he wants to be in or out so him and Meko are constantly tracking "stuff" inside. I feel like all I do is clean the floor. I'm kind of a nut about the floor anyway I can't stand to feel grit underneath my feet.

Tuesday night Greg got back in town and Hayden and I had to go pick him up in the middle of the "monsoon". It was horrible. Normally when it's raining I don't leave the house. It's just a hassle with a 2 year old so if I don't have to go out, I don't. But, this time I had to and was not happy about it. It was dark and pouring and I had to go pick up Greg from North Raleigh. Traffic was horrible and I couldn't see and I get stressed out easily. Hayden was in the back seat the whole time saying "mommy look" over and over. Finally, we picked up Greg and it was raining so hard that he just jumped in and I got stuck driving again. Traffic was still bad and it was still raining and I just don't do well. I get in a lane and I stay there because I can't see. So I've got Greg saying "can't you just go around these people, we're going 35 on 40" I was perfectly fine going 35 that way I could see and I knew we would be safe. Once we reach Chapel Hill we get stuck in basketball traffic by this time we had been in the car forever and we were all ready to get home. Just as I get on the ramp to get off 40 and onto Hwy 54, Hayden projectile vomits like 5 times. So here I am driving in the rain and the horrible traffic and my kid is in the back seat screaming covered in puke. It was a wonderful night. I would have taken pictures but you wouldn't have wanted to see them.

The rest of my week has been OK, nothing special. Here are some pictures from the beginning of the week.










0 Tell me about it: