Tuesday, July 8, 2008

This is the 4th time I've started this post. I've wanted to tell you how I'm feeling about our loss. But, I don't think that is necessary. You all know I'm angry and upset and can probably imagine the many reasons why. I think at this point it is important for me to tell you that I'm doing all right! Each day it gets a little easier to deal with. The pain and the grief has not gone away but, I'm learning how to deal with it.

A week ago today we were on a family day trip to the zoo and had no clue what was in store for us the next day. I woke up Wednesday morning hoping for some sort of relief to start feeling better but, instead I was hit with a devastating blow. No one can tell you how to react or even how to prepare for something like this. You never think it will happen to you. However, as a family we have stuck together and hopefully have gotten through the worst of it. Greg has been on vacation since last Tuesday. Having him here this entire time has truly been a blessing. We have filled our days with fun family activities. We've cried and laughed and enjoyed being together. He goes back to work on Thursday and I'm not looking forward to being by myself but, it will be nice for Hayden and I to get back into the groove of things. I'm extremely thankful to everyone that has helped us get through this. The conversations and shoulders to lean on have been invaluable. I know that life goes on and one day we will be blessed with another child. Now was just not our time and I'm ok with that. I know that this is God's plan for us an in time the pain will go away.

Thank you to our Family and Friends who have been by our side this entire time. We couldn't go through this without you.

2 Tell me about it:

Reed said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers. My grandpa will be happy to have another baby in heaven to hold :) May God's peace and understanding encompass you as you go through this season of your life. ~Kadi

Taylor Family said...

I have been so out of the loop with moving, this is the first time I've checked our blog in a couple of weeks. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even imagine what you've been going through. I sure wish I could have been there for you. You are in our prayers!