Wednesday, June 25, 2008

What a week

Goodness, what a week it's been so far and we are only 1/2 way through it.


On Sunday Hayden and I ventured out at 6 am to take Greg to work and then go to my Dads. We made a pit stop at Bojangles and stopped by Grandma's house at 7 am. Poor Grandma! We ate breakfast and then went to my Dad's where we hung out for a bit. Then we all made our way to a family reunion in Nashville, NC. I haven't been to a reunion in probably 8-9 years and a lot of our family has never met Hayden. Boy were they in for a treat. It was nice to see and visit with everyone.






Monday was a pretty normal day, just a lot of housework.


On Tuesday I had a doctors apt at 9:30 and ended up being there until almost noon. I've been having horrible headaches and was wondering if possibly my blood pressure was acting crazy. Sure enough it was. It was 122/91 when they took it the first time. The bottom number is the one we tend to worry about. 91 is a little high. I lied down for a bit and it went down to 112/86. Still not the greatest but, better. Everything else looks really good. All of my labs from the first appointment came back normal. I was instructed to go and buy a blood pressure cuff and start monitoring my blood pressure at home. Our goal is to deliver at term and keep my blood pressure in the normal range. When I delivered Hayden my blood pressure was 174/126. We want to keep it far away from those numbers. My doctor is thinking that if we can get it under control now we won't have those problems in the future. I hope she's right. I have a doctors appointment in one week and we will discuss my options depending on what my blood pressures look like over the week. More than likely I will be put on a very low dose blood pressure medicine. We tried to find a heart beat using the doppler and she wasn't able to find it. There was only about a 50% chance we would hear it at 11 weeks. Hopefully we can hear it next week.
Today, I don't have much planned. I'll be cleaning up the house and doing lots of laundry. Hayden and I leave in the morning to go to my sisters house. Nikki and Travis are on a mission trip in Deleware and I will be watching her 3 kids until Saturday. Hayden is very excited to be going to stay at Aunt Icky's house so he can spend time with Landon. Greg has to work and will be staying here with Meko.
Starting Saturday Greg is on vacation for 9 days!!!

1 Tell me about it:

Taylor Family said...

Too fun!!!! Family reunions are great. I sure hope this pregnancy is better for you. We'll keep you in our prayers.